- Electroencephalography (EEG)-fMRI and magnetic resonance elastography (MRE): Integration of novel MRI techniques into clinical practice is expected. Candidate techniques include EEG-fMRI, which identifies the anatomical location of abnormal EEG discharges (7), and MR elastography (3), which probes the mechanical properties of brain tissue.
- Reduction radiation dose of CT: Intensive efforts are underway to reduce the radiation dose associated with CT examinations. Improvements in CT post-processing technique are expected to contribute to dose reduction (8).
Please create a free account or log in to read 'On the Horizon for Imaging of the Brain in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references