Frequency of Office Visits
- Multidisciplinary team management: Management of an infant with a CNS tumor usually requires a multiprofessional team approach.
Frequency of Imaging
- Varies according to tumor and management preference: The initial postoperative MRI scan should be performed within 72 hours. Thereafter, imaging frequency will be determined by histology and local multidisciplinary protocol.
Other Investigations Required
- CSF cytology via lumbar puncture: If the primary tumor was exposed to the CSF compartment (or arose in it), lumbar CSF should be examined for cytology 7–14 days after surgery to exclude CSF dissemination unless there was preoperative evidence of leptomeningeal disease.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Follow-up After Treatment of Central Nervous System Tumors Occurring During Infancy'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references