- Pain control: NSAIDs, gabapentin for neuropathic pain. Judicious use of narcotics, primarily for immediate postoperative pain. These agents usually are not required for long-term management.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy should focus on body mechanics, lower extremity flexibility, and core strengthening exercises.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Aduvant Therapy for Spina Bifida Occulta and Tethered Cord Syndrome in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references