Frequency of Office Visits
- Office visits: Initially, frequent office visits are used to monitor for signs of developing hydrocephalus. After frequent initial visits postoperatively, subsequent visits are planned to coincide with scheduled MRIs.
Frequency of Imaging
- Postoperative imaging: A brain MRI with and without contrast is typically performed during the first 3 days after surgery and then 3, 6, 9, and 12 months after surgery. Subsequent scanning can be done every 6 months for the next 2 years and then yearly thereafter if there has been no recurrence.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Follow-up from Surgery for Infratentorial Ependymomas in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references