Frequency of Office Visits
- Time of postoperative visits: The initial visit is 1–2 weeks after surgery, then 3 months later with a follow-up MRI scan, then yearly.
Frequency of Imaging
- Single MRI at 3 months: If no syrinx is present, a follow-up MRI of the brain or cervical spine at 3 months is sufficient.
- Yearly MRI if syrinx: If a syrinx is present, subsequent yearly spinal MRIs are advised.
Other Investigations Required
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Follow-up After Surgery for Chiari Malformations in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references