Outcome After Surgery
- 85%+ long-term, event-free survival: Long-term, event-free survival is achieved in the vast majority of patients after a gross total tumor resection, with previously reported 5-, 10-, and 25-year survival rates of 90%, 89%, and 85%, respectively (3, 14).
- <10% recurrence: Fewer than 10% of patients have a recurrence after gross total resection, but long-term follow-up is necessary, as extremely late recurrences (even 36 years postoperatively) have been reported (10, 14).
- Normal functional status: Most patients have minimal, if any, long-term disability related to tumor resection (12).
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Outcome of Therapies for Cerebellar Astrocytomas in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references