Outcome After Nonsurgical Treatments
- No advantage internal fixation lower C-spine: Functional outcomes for unstable lower cervical spine tear drop injuries are similar between those managed halo-body vest compared with internal fixation (15).
- Halo vest complications common: Complications of halo-body vest devices, in particular pin site infections, are common in children (27).
Outcome After Surgery
- Use of instrumentation reduces immobilization: Techniques of instrumentation are being used more often in children and reduce the need for prolonged external immobilization (32).
- Anterior and Posterior Approaches OK: Both anterior and posterior surgical approaches to the injured cervical spine have been shown to be safe and effective in children (13).
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Outcome for Cervical Spine Trauma in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references