- Supportive treatment: The treatment of viral meningitis is predominantly supportive. When meningitis occurs along with encephalopathy, patients are generally more ill and may also benefit from corticosteroid therapy (see below).
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Medical Treatment of Viral Meningitis in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references