- Endoscopic management: Endoscopic approaches provide a theoretical advantage of minimally invasive access for safe extirpation of the tumor and can also provide treatment of associated hydrocephalus. More widespread use may occur in the coming years (6).
- mTOR inhibitors: In the coming years, medical treatment (rapamycin) will certainly take a more prominent place in the management of children with TSC as the pathogenesis of SEGAs at the molecular level is better understood (11, 14, 19, 20).
Please create a free account or log in to read 'On The Horizon for Subependymal Giant Cell Astrocytomas in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references