Frequency of Office Visits
- Initial postoperative visit at 1 week: The first postoperative visit at 1 week is to ensure proper wound healing without evidence of infection.
- First follow-up visit at 1 month: The 1-month visit is to ensure that the wound has healed and that the patient is asymptomatic.
- Frequency of follow-up office visits: Standard postoperative follow-up for both intracranial and spinal operations is sufficient. Head circumference must be followed in children less than 2 years of age.
Frequency of Imaging
- 3 months after surgery, then as needed: A MRI scan is usually obtained 3 months after surgery to establish a new baseline. Subsequent scans are required only if symptoms recur.
Other Investigations Required
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Follow-up for Arachnoid Cysts of the Head and Spine in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references