- ICU: The ICU is preferred immediately after surgery with a transition to general care usually occurring by postoperative day 1 or 2.
- Routine orders
- Neck pain: Significant neck pain related to muscle dissection is the main expected morbidity.
- Aseptic meningitis: Occasionally an aseptic meningitis arises that is proven by lumbar puncture and treated with supportive measures.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Recovery After Surgery for Chiari Malformations in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references