Survival After Initial Treatment
- Average risk: The 5-year progression-free survival for children with an average-risk tumor is as high as 90%.
- High risk: Even for children with high-risk tumors, the 5-year progression-free survival may exceed 80% (17).
- Lower survival rate: A much lower survival rate is associated with recurrence, with previous reports of a 5-year survival rate of 30% after high-dose chemotherapy with stem-cell rescue (4).
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Outcome for Medulloblastomas in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references