Initial Management at Presentation
- Surgery is the initial treatment: The craniotomy for tumor resection has a goal of maximal surgical resection (16), as adjuvant treatments have poor efficacy for curing this tumor.
- Radiotherapy useful: Radiotherapy has proven useful as an adjunct to surgery in the immediate or intermediate postoperative period.
- Chemotherapy not useful: Chemotherapy has not proven efficacious as an adjunctive therapy.
- Standard: Children who have undergone resection of a supratentorial ependymoma are followed in a manner similar to others with supratentorial low-grade gliomas.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Management of Supratentorial Ependymomas in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references