- MIB-1 labeling index: When the MIB-1 antibody index is greater than 2 it raises the suspicion of an atypical neurocytoma. These patients require close monitoring after total tumor removal and may require adjuvant therapy.
- Endoscopy: Minimally invasive approaches using the neuroendoscope are associated with good total resection and lower morbidity rates. This may become the procedure of choice in the future.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery: Its use on any residual tumor or for atypical neurocytomas may become the accepted modality of treatment.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'On the Horizon for Central Neurocytomas in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references