Enhancer of Revascularization
- Potentiation of post-operative revascularization: Some researcher groups made their efforts to enhance natural or postoperative revascularization by gene therapy, cell therapy, and cell based gene therapy using molecules or cells such as VEGF, angiopoietin-I, hepatocytic growth factor, bone marrow or umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells, endothelial progenitor cells, and VEGF-secreting stem cells (3,7,36,54,64,65). These are candidate tools for reduction of ischemia / infarction area by promoting angiogenesis and protecting neural tissue.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'On The Horizon for Moyamoya Disease in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references