Outcome After Surgery
- Multiple shunts commonly needed: 40% of patients require both supratentorial and infratentorial shunts, 20% require lateral ventricle shunts, 20% require cyst shunts, and 20% are shunt independent.
- Need for shunt revisions common: Shunt revisions are relatively common and may average as high as 1 per year of follow-up.
- Cognitive impairment: 50–75% of patients have intellectual impairment, which may be mild to severe. This impairment is due to the congenital malformation independent of surgical intervention.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Outcomes of Therapies for Dandy-Walker Syndrome in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references