José Francisco M. Salomão
Matheus Fernando Manzolli Ballestero
Benedicto Oscar Colli
Ricardo Santos de Oliveira
- Intraventricular cysts: The cysts may float freely inside the ventricles depending on the position of the head, changing position and even passing from one ventricle to another. Thus, it is advisable to perform an MRI or CAT just before the planned surgery.
- Degenerating cysts: These may adhere firmly to the nervous tissue and to blood vessels because of inflammatory reaction, especially when located in the cisterns. Resection of these cysts usually is not required (2) .
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Surgery Tips for Treating Neurocysticercosis in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references