Frequency of Office Visits
- First 4–6 weeks postoperatively: The first postoperative visit should be within 4–6 weeks to assess the surgical site.
- Subsequent visits per center: Follow-up visits will then depend on the frequency of imaging.
Frequency of Imaging
- Postoperative: A first image within 72 hours after surgery is needed to assess the extent of resection.
- Yearly for approximately 10 years (mean recurrence delay, 6 years), then every 2–3 years
Other Investigations Required
- Neuropsychological testing: A neuropsychological follow-up assessment can be done in children with tumors in the dominant hemisphere to test for subtle language deficit.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Follow-up After Surgery for Supratentorial Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytomas in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references