Frequency of Office Visits
- Initial postoperative visit: The first visit should be 1–2 weeks after surgery for a wound check and suture removal.
- First follow-up visit: The first follow-up visit is generally at 3 months with an MRI scan.
- Subsequent follow-up: Yearly follow-up is advised.
Frequency of Imaging
- First follow-up MRI: A postoperative MRI is obtains within the first 3 months after surgery.
- Subsequent scans: Yearly scans are advised.
Other Investigations Required
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Follow-up After Surgery for Syringomyelia in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references