- Antibiotics: Infections of dermal sinus tracts often involve multiple organisms including some that are gram negative . Anaerobic infections are rare. Empiric therapy is recommended until more specific anti-infective therapy is guided by the culture results (8). This is especially important in cases of abscess formation or meningitis.
- Steroids: Perioperative dexamethasone is advised at some centers in cases of progressive neurological deficits.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Adjuvant Therapies for Dermal Sinus Tracts in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references