- Wound problems or neurological deficits: Immediate surgical complications include wound infection, dehiscence, bleeding, or worsening of deficits.
- CSF leakage from wound: A pseudomeningocele or CSF leak can develop after surgery, accompanied by low-pressure headaches.
- Shunt infection-obstruction: The shunt can become infected or obstructed either early or at a later time.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Complications of Therapies for Syringomyelia in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references