Initial Management at Presentation
- Assess: Evaluation for and management of elevated ICP is required.
- Scan: MRI scans should be obtained to evaluate cysts and rule out other entities.
- Treat: Surgery is indicated for growing or symptomatic cysts.
- Visits as indicated: The patient should be followed for ICP issues when indicated.
- New baseline image set: A follow-up scan should be obtained to establish a new baseline in 3–6 months. Subsequent imaging is based on recurrent symptoms.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Management of Arachnoid Cysts of the Head and Spine in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references