Incidence and Prevalence
- Rare: Supratentorial PNETs are rare and represent less than 2.5% of primary CNS brain tumors in children.
- 66% occur in children younger than 5 years: The mean age at diagnosis for supratentorial PNETs is approximately 3 years.
- None: There is no sex predilection for supratentorial PNETs (1).
- None: There is no geographic predilection for supratentorial PNETs.
- None: There are no known risk factors for supratentorial PNETs.
Relationships to Other Disease States and Syndromes
- None: There are no obvious associations between other disease states and supratentorial PNETs.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Epidemiology of Supratentorial Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references