In 2005 the TLICS was published. It allows a rapid assessment for injuries to the thoracolumbar spine and has been validated for use in children and adolescents (10,32,35,36)..
|Disruption Posterior Ligamentous Elements|
|Cord, conus medullaris complete||4|
|Cord, conus medullaris incomplete||4|
- Nonsurgical management: Recommended when the sum of all categories is 0–3.
- Surgical management: Recommended when the sum of all categories is ≥4.
- Consideration of either intervention: Necessary when the total equals 4.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Thoracolumbar Injury Classification and Severity Score System'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references