Frequency of Office Visits – Montreal Protocol
- Surgeon’s follow-up during rehabilitation: We prefer to assess the patient’s progress in the rehabilitation center once a week for 6 weeks.
- Intensive in-patient rehabilitation: Patient undergoing 6 hours of therapy daily x 6 weeks including pool therapy, gait training, occupational therapy, prone board, tricycle, and schooling.
- Subsequent regular follow-up into adulthood: Patient are reassessed at 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years, and 15 years in spasticity clinic.
Frequency of Imaging
- Dictated by orthopedic concerns: Follow-up imaging of the SDR surgical site is not required for children post-SDR unless indicated by the development of complaints suggestive of spine pathology.
Other Investigations Required
- Orthopedic evaluation: The patient is seen by the orthopedic service in a general CP clinic on a regular basis.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Follow-up for Spasticity Treated with Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references