- Improvement in maternal dietary guidance: As our understanding of neural tube defects improves, it will be important to refine the guidelines for folate supplementation in the general population, women of childbearing age, women who plan on getting pregnant, women who are pregnant, and women with a history of a pregnancy affected by a neural tube defect.
- Availability of fetal closure: Given the results of prenatal closure of myelomeningocele in specialized centers with strict inclusion and exclusion criteria, pediatric neurosurgeons will have to decide carefully how to use this technology appropriately to prevent unnecessary maternal and fetal morbidity and mortality.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'On the Horizon for Myelomeningoceles in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references