Medical or Chemotherapy
- Considered largely ineffective: Chemotherapy is usually considered ineffective for localized tumors (13, 24).
- Presurgical treatment: Chemotherapy has been tried as a presurgical treatment in a child to decrease blood loss (24) and is also used in leptomeningeal disseminated cases (28).
- Treatment of anaplasia: Radiation (50–60 Gy) has been used to treat PXAs with anaplastic features or recurrent PXAs.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Adjuvant Therapies for Supratentorial Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytomas in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references