After gross total surgical resection, adjuvant therapy is not indicated. In general, reoperation is favored over either radiation therapy or chemotherapy for recurrent disease that is resectable.
- Rarely used: Chemotherapy is an option for recurrent, unresectable cerebellar astrocytomas but is rarely necessary to consider. Malignant cerebellar astrocytomas are exceedingly rare and are treated with postoperative radiation therapy and chemotherapy (14).
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Adjuvant Therapies for Cerebellar Astrocytomas in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references