Frequency of Office Visits
- Yearly follow-ups: It has always been the belief that subtotal excision is associated with shorter local control and shorter survival rates (39, 40). However a study reports that the 10-year overall survival rate is independent of extent of resection, implying that a gross total resection is not always curative (32). In this review, the authors analyzed retrospectively their 35-year experience in treating these tumors. Hence, routine clinical follow-up with serial imaging, preferably at 1-year intervals, must be carried out even if total resection has been performed.
Frequency of Imaging
- Yearly: Imaging should be done every 6 months initially, and then yearly for classical neurocytomas. Imaging frequency for atypical tumors is dictated by recurrent/residual tumor.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Follow-up for Supratentorial Central Neurocytomas in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references