- Endoscopic management: Currently, the modern neuroendoscopic approach is being applied in pediatric brain abscesses because of its minimal invasiveness (52, 68, 93). Neuroendoscopic treatment of brain abscesses has the additional advantages over stereotactic aspiration of direct visualization during drainage of the purulent material, more complete drainage, and lavage. Neuroendoscopic aspiration does seem promising and may be used more frequently in the future as a greater number of surgeons become comfortable with this technique.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'On the Horizon for Brain Abscesses in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references