- Better imaging guidelines: More accurate guidelines for initial screening imaging examinations to limit radiation exposure to children, but not miss injuries, are being developed.
- SCI treatment protocols: A focus on spinal cord injury treatment protocols to limit secondary injury are being investigated.
- Prevention: Further public health prevention including, legislative and education programs, especially regarding traffic accidents, seat belt use, and fall prevention, should be developed and implemented to decrease the number of traumatic injuries
Please create a free account or log in to read 'On The Horizon for Thoracolumbar Spine Trauma in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references