- First described in 1986: Magerl first described using transarticular screws to fuse the C1-C2 levels of the spine in 1986 (30).
- Difficult in young patients: Transarticular screw fixation is difficult in younger patients because of the size of spine. Approximately 20% of pediatric patients cannot accept bilateral transarticular screws from an anatomical standpoint.1 (29).
Please create a free account or log in to read 'C1-C2 Transarticular Screw Fusion in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references