Frequency of Office Visits
- Initial postoperative visit: Patients are seen 1 week after discharge.
- Typical hydrocephalus follow-up: Usual follow-up for shunt or fenestration procedures is usually sufficient.
Frequency of Imaging
- Scan in hospital when fenestration done: In cases of fenestration, an initial scan is performed in the hospital to assess patency of the fenestration. Usually a CT scan is satisfactory, but MRI may be used.
- 3 months for shunting: ‘If the patient is stable and doing well, the first postoperative scan is performed at 3 months.
- Yearly: Yearly follow-up is recommended.
Other Investigations Required
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Follow-up for Dandy-Walker Syndrome in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references