- Overdrainage – hydration: IV hydration can be used for overdrainage symptoms.
- Elevated ICP and stable – headache management: IV or oral steroids can be used to temporize prior to other intervention (25). Acetazolamide can also be used to reduce CSF production (usually a temporizing measure).
- Non-shunt-related headaches: Antimigraine therapy can be tried for this condition.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Adjuvant Therapies for Slit Ventricle Syndrome in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references