- ICU: Some patients will need ICU admission for close monitoring.
- Vital signs: Every hour initially is recommended, with ICP continually monitored for elevations. Record activity with elevations in ICP, or bed positioning with low or negative ICP.
- Blood pressure parameters: Elevations in blood pressure can be either pain related or due to elevated ICP.
- IVF and rate: Maintenance (or maintenance and one-half for dehydrated patients with low ICP).
- CSF drainage parameters/drainage bag setup: If an EVD is left behind after ETV, the external drain is clamped and the ICP is monitored if the goal is shunt removal or planned ETV.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Recovery From Surgery for Slit Ventricle Syndrome in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references