Frequency of Office Visits
- Follow-up: Follow-up is typically with the neurosurgeon only. Oncology referral is not necessary. The initial office visit is typically for suture removal when the patient has been discharged from the hospital within days of the surgery.
- Subsequent office visits: Commonly the patient is seen after the first postoperative scan done 3 months after surgery. Subsequent office visits will occur after scheduled MRIs.
Frequency of Imaging
- First scan at 3 months after resection: MRI scan of the brain is repeated 3 months after surgery.
- Yearly follow-up scans: If the initial, 3-month post-resection MRI shows no evidence of disease, MRI typically is repeated 6 months later and then yearly.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'Follow-up for Cerebellar Astrocytomas in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references