- Spinal cord diameter enlarged.
- Central epicenter for tumor.
- Average length of the tumor is 4 spinal segments.
- Cysts may be present.
- Hemosiderin caps in 20 – 60% (white arrow below in image on right) (4).
- Hypo- or isointense: The nonmyxopapillary ependymoma (image on left) will be hypointense or isointense (28).
- Iso- or hyperintense: The myxopapillary ependymoma will be hyperintense or isointense on Ti imaging(28).
- Varying enhancement patterns from homogeneous to heterogeneous to rim. Lack of enhancement is rare (central image).
- Hyper- or isointense: The myxopapillary ependymoma will be hyperintense or isointense on MRI (28).
Please create a free account or log in to read 'MRI of Intramedullary Spinal Cord Ependymoma'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references