- Spinal cord diameter enlarged.
- Eccentric epicenter for tumor.
- Average length of the tumor is 8 spinal segments, which is twice that of astrocytomas.
- Cysts in 46%.
- Mixed intensity: Only a small percentage are homogeneously hypointense or isointense.
- Blurred margins as with astrocytomas are common.
- Gadolinium enhances in most cases. 65% of cases will have patchy enhancement, while 20% will have focal enhancement, and 15% can show no enhancement.
- Variable intensity: 60% of intramedullary gangliogliomas will be hyperintense while the remaining 40% will be heterogeneous.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'MRI of Intramedullary Spinal Cord Ganglioglioma'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references