- Average size is 1 cm or less in diameter.
- Fresh hemorrhage may be present.
- Venous angioma may be present.
- Hyperintense centrally with varying levels of intensity reflecting past hemorrhages of varying duration.
- Hypointense halo surrounds the hyperintense core. This is due to hemosiderin (21).
- Hypointense central core with scattered small areas of hyperintensity.
- Hyperintense halo due to hemosiderin is larger that halo seen on T1-weighted sequneces.
Please create a free account or log in to read 'MRI of Intramedullary Spinal Cord Cavernoma'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references