- Understanding molecular biology: Recent studies have shown that BRAF V600E mutations are common in PXAs; some tumors show an activation of the MAPK pathway as well. These occurrences have been described in gangliogliomas as well. More molecular tests can be used in the subtyping of PXAs and could lead to specific therapies in the future (29).
Please create a free account or log in to read 'On the Horizon for Supratentorial Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytomas in Children'
Registration is free, quick and easy. Register and complete your profile and get access to the following:
- Full unrestricted access to The ISPN Guide
- Download pages as PDFs for offline viewing
- Create and manage page bookmarks
- Access to new and improved on-page references